The visit starts with two chambers of the Cathedral: the Chapterhouse and the Sacristy, both decorated with original mosaics by the Slovene priest Fr. Marko Rupnik.
The first gallery is dedicated to the history of the Church in Madrid and its two patron saints: Santa María la Real de la Almudena and Saint Isidro Labrador. After climbing the stairs we reach the highest point of the tour, from where you can enjoy magnificent views of the capital city. The second gallery is an exhibition about the Catholic Church Liturgy through the objects used in the celebrations.
Monday to Saturday from 10 am to 2:30 pm.
Closed on sunday and days of special cult acts.
10, Bailén Street, Madrid 28013, Spain.
+52 915 592 874
Contribution for the Cathedral’s maintenance
(In order to be charged a reduced tariff, please produce an official ID or document)
Students (EU member states, under 30 years old)
Seniors (EU member states, over 65 years old)
People legally registered as unemployed
People legally registered as disabled
Residents in the Community of Madrid
Large families’ individual members
Special Tariff for School Visits
(It is mandatory that the School books the visit in advance)
Price per student
(In order to be charged with a free entrace, please produce an official ID or document)
Members od the ICOM
- Please keep your admittance ticket during your whole stay. You might be required to produce it at any time.
- You may use your mobile phone inside the museum, though we pray you to be as quiet as possible in order not to disturb other persons during the visit.
- Approach our staff any time for help or information.
- No photos or videos are allowed inside the museum.
- Sharp-edged objects or weapons such as knives are forbidden in the museum. Shall you bring one with you, you’ll be asked to leave it at the entrance and collect it back at the exit.
- It is forbidden to climb to the balcony’s railing.
- Every month’s first Wednesday, the change of guard takes place in the neighbouring Royal Palace. For security reasons, those days (and during other militar parades) a continued stay in the balcony is not allowed.
- We pray not to eat or drink inside the museum.
A %d blogueros les gusta esto: